Earthing System.

Ask Question & Get Answer Which is Related to Electrical Engineering.
Anik304 Bangladesh
Trainee Engineer
Posts in topic: 1

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:26 am

Hi everybody,

Can any one answer me what is electrical earthing system and methods of earthing system?

Thanks in advance!

Engr. Anik Sarker

sazirul
Trainee Engineer
Posts in topic: 2

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:44 am

The method of all electrical connection to the general mass of the earth is normally called earthing or grounding system. So there is a big relation with your earthing system and earth. If the relation is well established then you are safe. We can classify the earthing system as,

1. System Earthing: When the earthing system is connected with the neutral point of a generator or a power transformer then it’s called the system earthing.

2.Equipment Earthing: When earthing system is connected with the non-current carrying metal parts of any equipments then it will be called the equipment earthing system.

Thanks!

Subodha7 Sri Lanka
Trainee Engineer
Posts in topic: 1

Mon May 20, 2019 2:26 am

What is the recommended earthing arrangement for standby generator which is used under TT arrangement ?

sazirul
Trainee Engineer
Posts in topic: 2

Mon May 20, 2019 8:56 am

Subodha7 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:26 am
What is the recommended earthing arrangement for standby generator which is used under TT arrangement ?
It will be better if you consult with the generator supplier because the area where you live and the soil condition has a great impact on the earthing system. At my place, I am using 120 ft 8mm solid copper wire and it will attach a 16mm, 5ft copper road at the end. So total depth will be 125ft. The water level at my place is 30-34ft and it's not salt water. It required 6 different earthing points for each 1.5MW GAS Generator.

Please watch this video those who don't know about the TT arrangement.

Return to “Electrical Engineering”